At our November 2002 meeting and reaffirmed at out 2004 founding conference we agreed that the political work of Bring the Ruckus must adhere to the following six criteria:
- It must address systems that attack working class people of color.
- It must attack white supremacy.
- It must have the potential to further the development of revolutionary consciousness among the working class.
- It must have the potential to build a dual power (i.e. it must challenge state power or prefigure a challenge to state power, it must pose a revolutionary or potentially revolutionary challenge to that power, and it must prefigure a new society in some small way).
- It must actively push the development of a feminist praxis.
- It should stretch the boundaries of political organizing.